Friendship Springs Veterinary Care serving Flowery Branch, Braselton, and Buford since 2006.
Your best friend's veterinarian and animal hospital.
Before You Arrive
Do you want to be present and if so for how long?
Everyone has to decide this for themselves, and there is no right or wrong to this. Some will choose to stay through the whole procedure, some will choose to stay only through the sedation part of the procedure, and some will not stay at all. Whatever you decide to do is very personal and no one here will judge you for your choice. We are here to be as supporting of you as we can in this difficult time.
What do you wish to do afterwards?
This is also a very personal decision, and what happens after your pet has passed away depends on your wishes. There are various options from which to choose. After you have had a chance to look this over, please give us a call and we can help you with the details. For cremation and burial options we work with Atlanta Pet Cemetery and Crematory (click here for more details).
- Communal cremation in which your pet would be cremated with other pets that have passed on. You would not be able to get your pet's ashes back with this choice.
- Private cremation can also be selected. In this instance your pet would be cremated individually and the ashes would be returned to you within a few days. With this option the ashes are returned in a decorative tin which is what most people choose to do. We have some samples you may see. Alternatively, with private cremation , there is a wider selection of urns, boxes, plaques and markers from which to choose if you wish. We have their catalog for you to see if you choose to do this.
- Another choice is private burial in a pet cemetery, Pet Haven Memorial Park. This is a cemetery you may visit if you wish.
- Home burial is an option if you have a place you wish to bury your friend on your own property. This may be subject to legal restrictions, so it is best for you to check with local ordinances first if this is what you wish to do.
- We understand that this is a difficult decision to make. If you need us to hold your pet's body for a reasonable period of time until you decide, we can make this arrangement as well.
- Finally, if you wish to have something else done, please let us know and we will help you however we are able.